Sorry, no results found!

Searching...

      More...
    LIE


    Immigration laws are not being enforced

    TRUTH

    The Obama administration has deported record numbers of undocumented immigrants


    The opposite is true: The Obama administration has deported record numbers of undocumented immigrants. In a December 2012 article, USA Today reported, “For the fourth year in a row, the Obama administration set a record for the number of people it deported. In 2012, the total reached 409,849.”

    Furthermore, demanding total control of the border sets an impossible standard. In a 2013 report showing that the border security benchmarks set by previous immigration enforcement proposals have been met or exceeded, the American Immigration Lawyers Association noted that "operational control" of the border, as defined by the Secure Fence Act of 2006, "sets an unrealistic expectation that the border can be 100 percent sealed." The report continued:

    The GAO, in its testimony before Congress, noted that "[r]esources that would be needed to absolutely prevent every single incursion would be something probably out of reasonable consideration." As of February 2011, the GAO reported that the southwest border is at 44 percent operational control, with nearly two-thirds of the remaining 56 percent at the "monitored" level, and the rest at "low-level monitored."

    Achieving absolute border control, whereby no single individual crosses into a state without that state's authorization, is impossible. Commentators have noted, "the only nations that have come close to such control were totalitarian, with leaders who had no qualms about imposing border control with shoot-to-kill orders."